This strategy will help students to:
- Identify why their decision is correct or best.
- It is particularly useful for writing paragraphs that give a step by step visual account of a solution or a process.
- STEP 1: INITIAL INFORMATION
- Enter the decision in box 1
- STEP 2: OTHER INFORMATION
- Enter further information or steps in sequential order I the following boxes as per the example below.
- The flow chart can grow as more information is gathered.
TOPIC: Cold war and post war conflicts (History Year 10)
TASK: Decide whether Australia made the right decision to send troops to the Vietnam War. Justify your decision.
TOOL: Justification Flow Chart
|STEP 1: Decision: Australia’s decision to enter the Vietnam war in 1062 was incorrect.|
|STEP 2||Because||The main reason for entering the war was the fear that once one country became communist, others would soon follow|
|Because||The was based on an assumption that if Vietnam became united under communism, the regime would oppose the democratic West and become a threat in Southeast Asia|
|Because||It opposes a country’s fundamental right to choose the type of rule and Government that they want|