This strategy will help students to:
- Consolidate their understanding of current content.
- Mid way through or at the end of the lesson ask students to make a list that they thing is the ‘best’. representation of the content or skill that they have been learning.
- Ask students to pare down the list to the 3 most important things.
- Ask students to evaluate why they think that those three items are the most important or worthy of knowing.
- Students can then discuss and justify in pairs what they have chosen.