This strategy will help students to:
- Learn how to evaluate online sources of information to identify whether a publisher/website is credible
- Think about the content that they interact with in their daily lives
- When using a source of information in the classroom, you can have students determine it’s creditability
- Share with students a website, link or article
- Read the article
- Using the CRAPP Rubric, determine how reliable the information is by marking a point in each row of the rubric
- Add up the scores.
- The higher the score, the more reliable the information being presented.
- Discuss the importance of determining the reliability of information that is shared.
Find a link to the Source Checker HERE