This strategy will help students to:
- develop their critical and creative thinking skills
- formulate questions
- prioritise their thinking
- justify their thinking
- Provide students with a Question Focus. This could be around an issue, topic, character or theme.
- Have students write down as many questions they can think of about their question foucs. You may wish to priovide a time limit. If working in small groups, students should not stop to discuss, judge or answer any questions. All statements should be written as questions.
- Once the students have their questions written down, ask them to prioritise the most relevant questions and order them from 1-5.
- Ask students to provide a rationale for their prioritisation.