This strategy will help students to:
- Understand a new concept through the use of attributes and non attributes.
- It can also be useful to assess student’s prior knowledge of a concept.
- Define the concept giving attributes of the concept
- Show how this concept differs from other concepts by highlighting non critical attributes
- Provide examples and explain what makes these examples
- Provide non-examples and explain why they are non-examples
- Provide students with examples and non-examples and ask them to determine whether they are examples or non-examples.