This strategy will help students to:
- make connections between new ideas and prior knowledge
- take stock of ongoing questions, puzzles and difficulties as they reflect on what they are learning.
- This strategy is best implemented after students have learned something new, and can be undertaken individually, in groups or as a whole class.
- Students begin by writing down what they CONNECTED with in the new learning to what they already knew.
- Students then write down which ideas EXTENDED their thinking and why.
- Students finish by writing down what they still find CHALLENGING about the new learning.